YOUR CULTURETV BLOG ON GLOBAL ART NEWS, VIDEOS, MUSEUM, GALLERY, PICKS & TIPS

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

International Short Film Festival Oberhausen 3.-08.05


"Short film is a great first step for a budding filmmaker. That’s how I made my beginnings and Oberhausen was an important step on my path to become a Director." Roman Polanski

"I smoked my first cigarette here. For years, I saw every single film at the Westdeutsche Kurzfilmtage, looking forward to those days in Oberhausen every year. These events were important for me, for my decision to become a filmmaker." Wim Wenders

"There can be no doubt that the Oberhausen Short Film Festival has written film history... The short film has kept itself young, and so has Oberhausen. This atmosphere, this creative power are what still distinguishes short films today." Gerhard Schröder (German Chancellor 1998-2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home